POP Outlook Express
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express. You can set up other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using the settings in this tutorial. Microsoft Mail is also very similar.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
2. Go to the Mail tab and from the Add menu, select Mail.
3. In the Display Name field, enter you full name and click Next.
4. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, enter your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
6. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next .
7. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
8. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created and then click Properties.
9. Go to the Servers tab.
10. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply.
11. Go to the Advanced tab.
12. In the Server Port Numbers section, change Outgoing mail (SMTP) to 587, and then click OK.
13. You are allocated 20Mb of storage on the 'mt.net' mail servers and if you go over this limit your email delivery may be shut off. You may also buy more storage space from us.
Your Outlook Express account is now set up. Click Close to close the Internet Accounts window and return to your Outlook Express.